Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Hardest Part

Sometimes, the hardest part of a project is the act of starting.  
"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth…not going all the way, and not starting."   - Buddha
After all these years of living, learning, growing, hard choices, changing, learning, changing again... I'm ready to begin anew. 

For me, this start is about taking many of the things I care about and compiling them into one, clear story.  I do this not only for myself, to clarify my path, but in answer to friends, acquaintances, and perhaps now strangers too that ask why I'm so happy, or how I can enjoy living so simply, or afford to travel for almost 3 years.

This blog is about what really matters to me.

I'll admit that creative pursuits, backpacking, and travel in the developing world top that list too, and I know that it's all tied together in the whole of what satisfies my soul.  But here, I'm going to focus on things that are larger than myself.  Things that affect you, and me, and the entire planet.  I'm talking about much more than sustainability, but overall quality of life.  Don't worry, I'll make it as interesting and fun as possible.  
“Whatever you dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.” - Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment